Katelyn Tan | A Singapore Beauty, Travel and Lifestyle Blogger

[Review] Essential Haircare

Sunday 14 December 2014

Hello! I'm back with a short review. For those who don't know, Essential is a haircare brand from Japan with a wide range of products to help repair and care for hair. Essential offers products ranging from basic care like Shampoo & Conditioner to more intensive treatments like Hair Masks and Leave On Serum/Lotions. Recently, Essential relaunched with brand new packaging, improved formula and a new variant!

Essential is available in 4 variants to suit all hair needs and types:
1) Nourishing Breakage Defense (orange) – for weak & damaged hair
2) Moisturizing Frizz Free (pink) – for dull & rough hair
3) Light Finish Volumizing (yellow) – for flat and limp hair
4) Deep Cleansing Care (blue) – for oily scalp & dry ends (new)
[From Press Release]

I received a set of Essential Deep Cleansing Care Shampoo & Conditioner, Moisturizing Frizz-free Treatment Tube and Moisturizing Frizz-free Hair Mask for this review :)


My Review:
I've got oily scalp, hence was given this new Deep Cleansing Care Shampoo! It works well at controlling the oiliness and the conditioner also left my hair non-oily, however, I don't think it is suitable for bleached hair. I've bleached the ends of my hair before. This product actually stripped off my hair color (I colored dark purple brown over the bleached ends) and left my hair ends a little dry. The unbleached part of the hair was fine though. Would recommend this product only to those with oily scalp and unbleached hair.

My Review:
I would say both the treatment and hair mask are actually similar products. Both helps keep my hair a little more frizz-free and less dry. The difference would be the packaging, color, texture and efficiency. The Hair Treatment comes in a tube (hence much more convenient) and you only have to leave it on for 30secs. It is white in color and the texture is a thicker conditioner texture. As for efficiency, the effects does not last as long as the mask. For the Hair Mask, it comes in a tub and you have to leave it on for 3-10mins. The longer you leave it on, the longer the effects last. It has a slightly more creamy texture and is yellow in color. I actually prefer the treatment to the mask cause I don't really like to use tub products :/ As mentioned earlier, the Deep Cleansing Care Shampoo and Conditioner left my bleached hair a little dry. So usually I will use either the treatment or the mask after using the deep cleansing set so my hair will not end up that dry.

The new Essential haircare range is available from mid-September 2014 at leading supermarkets, hypermarkets, western pharmacies and personal care stores. Here are the prices of the above products.

Essential Deep Cleansing Care Shampoo
Price: S$4.50 (200ml) / S$11.50 (750ml)

Essential Deep Cleansing Care Conditioner
Price: S$4.50 (200ml) / S$11.50 (750ml)

Essential Moisturising Frizz Free Hair Mask
Price: S$9.90

Now goodies for all of you! You can get your free samples at http://on.fb.me/1pkXmPr :) Also, do check out and like Essential on Facebook (www.fb.com/Essential.SG) and follow Essential on Instagram @essentialsingapore! Time to pamper your hair :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Post a Comment